Your browser does not support JavaScript!
Hot Links

                 Students  Future Students  Alumni


Q1: How do I determine whether or not I am qualified as an international student?
1. An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China (“R.O.C.”) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, is qualified to apply for admission. 
2. An individual of foreign nationality, pursuant to the following requirements and who has resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years is also qualified to apply for admission.
(1) An individual who also is a national of the R.O.C., but does not hold or has had a household registration in Taiwan.
(2) An individual who also was a national of the R.O.C. but has no R.O.C. nationality at the time of their application shall have an annulled status regarding their R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after an annulment of R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
(3) Regarding individuals mentioned in (1) and (2), they must not have studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student nor received placement permission during the same year of the application by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
3. An applicant of foreign nationality, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years is qualified to apply for admission.
4. An applicant being a former citizen of Mainland China and holds a foreign nationality, having no history of household registration record in Taiwan, and at the time of application, has resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years is qualified to apply for admission.
For more detailed regulations, please refer to Article 2 of the Ministry of Education's "Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studying in Taiwan."

Q2: When can I apply for admission? 
The application for spring semester begins in January and ends in April, while the application for fall semester begins in October, ending in November. The admission prospectus and application forms can be downloaded at the website of The office of Research and Development.

Q3: Are there any scholarships international students are eligible to apply for?
Yes. An international student in NKFUST, who has no scholarship outside the school and reaches the school requirements of conduct grade and academic performance, can apply for international students scholarship. 

Q4: What is the major language used in teaching?
 At Bachelor degree programs, the main teaching language is Chinese. At Master degree programs, the use of Chinese is paired with English, Japanese or Germany in different departments. For international students who look for an English-only program, the International Master of Business Administration program is recommended.

Q5: Averagely, how much is the cost of living for one semester? 
 It takes around 200 USD a month to cover daily meals, while the accommodation fee for one semester in the school dorm is about 200 USD, with spring and fall break accommodations available upon request. 

Q6: Can I work part-time while studying in Taiwan?
For international students who would like to work in Taiwan, they should apply for and obtain the work permit before starting work.  Please note that if you hold a job without the work permit, you would be fined for NT$30,000 to NT$150,000 (around 1000-5000 USD)!